This semester has been a great one! I love my classes and took two classes this semester by the same great teacher!! I also had her last year. The two classes are Observing and Recording, and a Literacy class. Yesterday we did an in-class observation day where I brought in kids for the class to observe and take notes. Actually I brought in four kids- Peyton, David, and then Ava and Nora Cartwright. It was perfect to have two 4-yr olds and two 3-yr olds of different genders. The children did beautifully!! Then the teacher let them keep an apron, play dough, and then presented them each with a certificate!! It was a fun day for all!! Jenna was sad to not beable to go so I traded the kids and took Jenna in the afternoon to my Literacy class!!
(Peyton is being silly, and David wouldn't be in it)
So in my literacy class yesterday we each brought in a favorite book and talked about it. (I know this does not help my cause for those that think I only color!) Jenna came with and brought Fancy, Nancy. We had a great time!! Jenna loved it!! I am really enjoying this class! I love books, especially kids books!! Literacy or Language Arts is probably my favorite subject for Elementary School. I have learned a lot and also added to my Library for my kids and for the future.
These are a few of my recent purchases. I love stories , the pictures, the stories, and the imagination. I have always loved books and do read other books but, love reading to my kids.
A few years ago I came up with a system where I came up with a theme for each month and pulled books with that theme and put them in a basket in the family room, now it is in the hall. When the kids want to read or be read to they can go to the basket for a book. I then change the books monthly and this way they all get read. It also helps me when buying books to see what kind I need or want to have for my kids to read. This months theme besides St. Patty's Day is things that go. Then at Preschool Peyton learned about Eric Carle so I pulled all my Eric Carle books and added them to the basket for the kids to be read. Just for some ideas I am going to put my theme's on the side of my blog.
This is my Private collection of both Adult books and Children's Books- the rest of the kids books are on another bookshelf in their room. These are Special!!! Happy Reading!!
2 comments:
very cute idea Julie! I did that for Christmas but I hadn't thought about doing it for each month...I love that idea. Way to be super mom!
I am glad your class went well, the kiddo's are so cute, you can definitely tell who's kids Amy's are...
Post a Comment