We are ready for Christmas tomorrow and there are already many presents under the tree and others we have already opened (see post below). We have one under the tree that has nothing inside. I wrapped an empty box this year at our Relief Society dinner to represent our gift to Christ. I went home and placed it under the empty tree and talked to the kids about it. We have continued to look at it and talk about it as see it sitting under there and as we add other gifts around it.
This year we got the idea to do the 12 days of service. My kids made a book and wrote down ideas and drew pictures of all the different things they could do to serve and give to others as their gift to our Savior. We have tried every day to do something. It has been a wonderful experience as we have helped each other, caroled to friends, given donations, bought gifts for others, made a meal for someone, wrote a letter or sent a card, given a smile, or as the kids have tried so hard to make good choices and listen to me. The spirit of Christ has filled our home. I love Christmas!! I am thankful for so much including this time of year, for my Savior who gove me the greatest gift of all- the Atonement, I am thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and for a living prophet. I am so thankful for my family, for my parents, sisters, and my two children who continue to amaze me. And for extended family and for all of you- the greatest friends in the world!!!
Merry Christmas!!
May God Bless You and your Family!
Love,
Julie, Jenna, and Peyton Roberts


No comments:
Post a Comment