Thursday, June 16, 2011

A New Summer Tradition

So I have wanted to share some of my favorite old movies with my children.  Recently I was talking to someone about my family tradition we had when I was growing up that every Sunday night was popcorn and ice cream and we watched the Wonderful World of Disney!!  I loved those memories and want to build ones like that with my children!  So I decided with the children that Sunday Nights are going to be old movie night! Last Sunday I pulled out the King and I and we ate popcorn and watched it together as a famiy!!
 Jenna loved it and is looking forward to this Sunday!  Peyton was disappointed because the King and I did not have bad guys!  He said the movie was boring!  So how do you think he will like Pollyanna, the Music Man, the Court Jester, or some of Cary Grants best?  I think I may throw in Newsies, Oklahoma, and maybe Willow!!  There are just too many favorites and not enough Sundays!!!
What is your favorite Old Movie?

1 comment:

cherryavenue said...

we love the classics! but there is opposition in all things even if it is not evident. and the nice thing about old movies is that a lot of them the bad turns into good- like in pollyana! i LOVE newsies. totally. i cant think of any movies off the top of my head but i think its great to start traditions! i want to start some too. xx