Saturday, May 15, 2010

So what do you think I should do?

I need some opinions...

What do I do about all the kids clothes and toys that we are not using. They continue to grow and I continue to hold onto it. I do get rid of some things and have shared other things but, still have a lot of STUFF! I am not going to have another child any time soon so, what do I do? I can't decide if this is the year to go through it one more time and really just get rid of most of it. I am sure there will be those certain pieces that I will want to hold on to. But, I need to make a final decision. I have an opportunity to have a yard sale with someone else and I need to decide if I should just put it all up for sale or hold on to it for a little longer.

Is holding on to things healthy? Is it creating a sense of false hope? Or is that what I am suppose to do. Be patient and have hope that someday my prince will come and I will need all these clothes and toys. Of course if that is to happen, I may want all new stuff! So please give me your opinion!!!

Thank you for your help!!!

6 comments:

jpkittie said...

I suggest going through everything & having a yard sale. (prince charming will show up... you are a great woman & the right one will come)

Maybe then take that $ and go on a special trip with your children ;) for some amazing memories

Sarah said...

I totally agree with the previous comment :) Make some money and then make some memories on a fun trip - and be sure to invite me to your yard sale :)

And then one day when you have more kids you can go shopping all over again for new stuff!

Sounds like a win-win situation!

JoshandJen said...

Yep, I agree with the comments as well! It will happen one day, your a good catch and any man will be lucky to have you! It will be fun to get all new stuff when the time comes, and let me know for sure when you do a yard sale, justin needs bigger clothes in everything so let me know when it is....

ps-thanks for the shorts!!

James and Jessica Ford said...

Dang! Get rid of everything your don't absolutely love and buy it brand new when you marry a filthy rich guy! It'll happen. I can't wait!
I just saw the other comments and I am coing to the yard sale..I actually want night before shopping...so i can get the best deals. ha ha ha

Jenn said...

Yep, I've always tried to get rid of the old things... that way if I have more kids, etc - it's more fun to buy new. Styles change and things get cooler!

Cory and Diane said...

seriously, have a yard sale or put everything on craigslist. get some money out of that stuff. it's not good to have lots of stuff. kids don't need that much anyways.