Monday, May 3, 2010

The many hats I wear.....

(Thanksgiving 2009)

School is finally winding down, the last couple weeks had been filled with projects, papers, and presentations!!! This week I have a few things to do and only 1 final- I don't know how I got so lucky!!
The two weeks before this were the hardest and of course my parents went out of town. We managed great!! I kept up with school, but was feeling like I dropped the ball with the mom thing. I kept teasing that I have lost the Mother of the Year Award!! It was more silly things with forgetting homework, and not keeping dates and activities straight!!! The kids survived and somehow so did I.

All of this got me thinking about all the different "hats" I wear and how sometimes it feels so overwhelming. I know I also have these real high expectations for myself that I can never reach. With talking to the childrens teachers this week and a few other moms- it is not just me, it is just life!! I loved hearing a few really funny stories too. My favorite was where the dog chewed and shredded a library book and they sent it in with a note and money to pay for it!!

We all wear many different "hats" and have so much we are juggling. Life has its ups and downs!! I do have to say I am thankful to be a mother!! It is my favortist hat that I wear!! I mess up all the time and I am sure I will probably mess them up but, I love it!!! As I am sure all you mothers out there do as well. Our children are our greatest treasures!!
Well, with that being said and mother's day this weekend, and my last week of school-
I have homework for each of you who are reading my blog!!!!!
Take a moment and reflect then post on your blog why you love being a mom! You can tweak the assignment and tell a funny story or just a great story about you and motherhood. I love reading these stories!!! Then have others join you and do it as well!! Let's celebrate together being mothers!!!!

(I am thinking how I can do a give away with this- I think it might be fun!!)

I am going to do this also in another post!!
Love you all!!!

3 comments:

Becky said...

oh julie. my dear sweet jewels...as I am reading this post of yours I am hearing my son's incessant whining (and other angry screams). the past couple days have been so bad that I definitely do not feel like being a mom is something to celebrate... thank you for your post! its what I need today - to remember the past and look today for the best things of being a mom. i will comment again as soon as I get it written - hopefully tonight when I have a more quiet moment.

The JL McGregor Family said...

What a great post! I will do the blog thing! You definitely are not alone--I have lots of mom-moments too. The library book thing? Yeah, Grant soaked one of Logan's a few weeks ago. I sent in money and a note. Also, I accidently sent sour cream for Logan's snack on one of his first days of school. Yep. You are awesome! You are a great hat-model!

Anonymous said...

ok! I'm in, I'll post it now about being a mom and my funny little monkey! x