Saturday, June 13, 2009

Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens

A year ago my mom and I got gift certificates to go to Stan Hywet for our birthdays and finally went! Mike had the kids so it was just my mom and I. What a treasure to spend an afternoon
together walking around on a peaceful and sunny day. The home is beautiful- has 18 bedrooms, a garden room, a music room, a breakfast room and kitchen, a separate room just to arrange flowers! For as old as it was it was fun to see all the advances the house had for its time including a telecom system, multiple phones, and I love the amazing bathrooms with separate showers and double sinks! It also had secret passages, indoor pool, and in its day an indoor bowling alley! What a home! And the gardens are breathtaking!
I am so thankful for my mom and love her so much- I know she sacrifices a lot for me and my kids. It is also hard because she has so many people who need and want her attention that I feel a little guilty being able to have her so often. Of course we don't get many afternoons like this one. What a wonderful treat it was!!

No comments: