Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Secrets of Parenting

Being a mom is the hardest Job and I am always hoping to find the secret to be the Perfect Parent! I have talked to many parents and have read books- some good info gathered! In my divorce class that I took last year they talked about that to raise a healthy and happy child- you must give the child 10 kisses, and 10 hugs daily!! Laura introduced me to a new parenting book which I do have to give it credit as having some good ideas and concepts teaches how kids now days receive to much attention and are addicted to attention. (That is the really short version synopses)

I have found the middle ground between the two ideas which I think is my secret for parenting. I give my kids 10 kisses and 10 hugs daily!! They love it and ask for them!! Then I decided that I think they might need 10 tickles too, because every kid needs a good tickle! I have also decided if I am going to do that I think I should balance it all with 10 spankings every day as well!! That way my children feel loved and are disciplined for the day as well!

This morning at 7:30 am both kids ended up in my bed! I loved being able to talk, cuddle, kiss, and hug them. I informed them that they needed tickling- and they each lined up!! Then I told Peyton he needed his spankings and he gladly accepted!! (The only problem was that today I still had to threaten and discipline Peyton several times today!!) So maybe my secret is not so much as a success as I was hoping!!!!!!!!

I Love being a MOM!! Even with its many challenges!!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I love it! Too bad we can't just discipline once a day and have it out of the way.