Sunday, February 26, 2012

Dating...


When Jenna was about 5 and Peyton was 3 years old, one evening all three of us were on my bed reading stories.  Out of the blue, Jenna asked how it worked to get a step dad.  I was stunned for a little bit... now Jenna is a planner and wants to have a plan for everything.  It cracked me up she wanted a plan to get a step dad.  I explained there was no place to go and pick up a step dad, instead it is a process.
She wanted to know the whole process-
First, I explained somehow I would meet someone and he would say, "Wow, I like this girl- I think I will ask her out on a date."  After going on one date and if it goes well there will be more dates!"
Second, I shared how dating is important for a couple to get to know each other! Third, and after many, many dates, I told her that then the guy would ask to marry the girl!

Jenna wanted to know when this would occur.  I let her know I wondered the same thing.

I have also shared with my children how I may never marry and it may be just the three of us, but either way we can choose to be Happy!
I have found joy a long the journey of being a single mom.  I love being at school and love all that I am learning.  I enjoy my job- teaching preschool, and all that I am involved doing.  I love Jenna and Peyton with all my heart!  We have so much fun together and have our routines!  Life is Good!!

I was not expecting to meet anyone!  I have not been on a date in almost two years!  And lets face it- there really are not many opportunities for me to date here in Ohio!  I also have always been concerned about dating and the children.  I have felt it in the best interest to focus on school and being mom!

Well, the rumors are true and I met someone.  I met Brandt only 3 weeks ago!  We met at a mid-singles activity in Kirtland and hit it off right away!
We have talked every night since we have met, he has been to Akron to visit the last two weekends, driving up from Dayton, OH (2 1/2 hours south).  He has met the children and so far has not run away screaming!!!
The children already love him!  I have felt it important for them to be a part of the process and witness what dating should be like and how a guy should treat a girl!!  Brandt is amazing and treats me Wonderfully!!!!
He is good with the kids and so good for me!! 
Life is Wonderful!! I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for this wonderful Blessing!
I have been told that it happens when you least expect it.  I never expected it- and never thought I could be this happy!!  I am totally head over heels!!
We are enjoying getting to know each other right now and enjoying dating!

Thanks for all your love and support!  It means the world to me to know how many people are happy for us!!!  It is amazing that God is aware of us and wants us to be Happy!!  We are both so happy!!
Brandt and I
Ice Skating

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Wahoo! It's amazing how my 2 worlds have now collided... I'm so happy that you're even happier now!

Anonymous said...

Julie, that really is amazing!! I can't even express how happy I am for your little family. Your kids are adorable and you deserve the best. It really does happen when you're least expecting it. I had told my mission president and his wife I didn't want to go on dates anymore and was focusing on schooling just weeks before I met my husband. Heavenly Father sure has an idea of the whole plan that we don't see.

The JL McGregor Family said...

Julie--We are so happy for you! You always have such a wonderful attitude, and you are so fun--you deserve the very best, and I can't wait to see where life takes you and your family!

Love You!
Jenn