Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!!

Happy Mother's Day!

Yesterday we had our Stake Enrichment yesterday with great food, classes, friends, and a wonderful spirit!
The theme was Remember, Preserve, and Press Forward.
I learned about story telling and how we can and should tell our children stories about ourselves, our families, and our ancestors.  I may blog some of my stories or memories.
I learned about Mindfullness.  Being mindful about the present and not ransoming it away for thoughts of the future.  Future planning and daydreaming can cause unreal expectations and anxiety.  Past thinking can create depression and we need to be careful about living in the past.
Also learned 10 Habits of Happy Women they include:
1- Understanding your value as a Woman, 2- Maintiaing Key Friendships, 3- Value and Practice Faith, 4- Say no to Competition, 5- Create Healthier Relationships with Money, 6- Make Time for Solitude, 7- Give and Get love in Healthy Ways, 8- Find Ways to Live Simply, 9- Let go of Fear, 10- Hope is a decision- so Make it! 
(10 Habits of Happy Mothers by Dr. Meg Meeker)

It was a great day and then me and the kids went to dinner to celebrate the end of the semester and Mother's Day!!  I am so thankful to be a mother especially to two wonderful kids!!!
And the flowers I got are from my wonderful Dad!!!  My parents are such great examples to me!!!  I am thankful for my Parents and for my sisters- they are wonderful mothers and great examples to me!!



2 comments:

JoshandJen said...

Happy Mothers day Julie, you are one AWESOME lady!! and you do have a GREAT family!

Lisa Cook said...

You are a beautiful, exceptional mother!!!