I have survived my first week of school! I am excited to be back, I do feel like this is where I should be!! But, what a week! I am taking 15 credit hours and the majority of classes are held on Tues and Thurs. One class on M/W/F. So Monday I survived and felt like I could handle anything and then Tues came and I decided the best way to handle it was to go through it and not run away crying, screaming and declaring defeat!! Well, I guess it wasn't that bad!
The main issue on campus is parking and so after circling for almost an hour on Tues and deciding that I was not going to miss my classes I found space to park but, not a parking space. I got into class just in-time. After class I tried catching the Universities local Bus, the Roo, and missed it. I couldn't find my cell phone so walked to my car to find a parking ticket. Found my cell phone and I thought I better not move my car since I already got the ticket for this spot might as well use it all day!! So ran accross campus to my next class. Caught the Roo coming back and did make it for the third!! Very exhausted and without any bathroom breaks or time to eat inbetween!! I drove home to find no one there. Got things organized and then headed out to my last class of the day with the fam just pulling in and enough time to kiss them hello and good bye!! That class is only once a week and so it does not usually end till 8pm! I grabed a soft pretzel for dinner and then onto class! My saving grace was that I got out of class early so I could go home and put my kids to bed!! I then had to do make a list of all the supplies that I was going to need!!
The rest of the week ha
s gone good! Found parking on Thurs. Classes are great and even have friends including someone from my ward in two of my classes!! I have learned that the fastest way to get back and forth between Polsky and Schrank is running. So today I went out and bought running shoes!! I should be really fit by the end of this semester!!
The main issue on campus is parking and so after circling for almost an hour on Tues and deciding that I was not going to miss my classes I found space to park but, not a parking space. I got into class just in-time. After class I tried catching the Universities local Bus, the Roo, and missed it. I couldn't find my cell phone so walked to my car to find a parking ticket. Found my cell phone and I thought I better not move my car since I already got the ticket for this spot might as well use it all day!! So ran accross campus to my next class. Caught the Roo coming back and did make it for the third!! Very exhausted and without any bathroom breaks or time to eat inbetween!! I drove home to find no one there. Got things organized and then headed out to my last class of the day with the fam just pulling in and enough time to kiss them hello and good bye!! That class is only once a week and so it does not usually end till 8pm! I grabed a soft pretzel for dinner and then onto class! My saving grace was that I got out of class early so I could go home and put my kids to bed!! I then had to do make a list of all the supplies that I was going to need!!The rest of the week ha
s gone good! Found parking on Thurs. Classes are great and even have friends including someone from my ward in two of my classes!! I have learned that the fastest way to get back and forth between Polsky and Schrank is running. So today I went out and bought running shoes!! I should be really fit by the end of this semester!!
2 comments:
You're amazing.
I'm so proud of you for doing this. You are so great and I miss you! I'm glad your first week went well, sorry about the ticket though, that sucks. Have a great week and call me this weekend when you feel like you can breathe. (=
Post a Comment