Saturday, July 11, 2009

Palmyra

My mom and I wanted to take my two kids to the Palmyra Pageant. This year I have been reading from the D&C reader and have been talking to them a lot about prophets and Joseph Smith! So it worked out to go this week and it was a wonderful visit. My mom has a friend that lives in Rochester and she actually needed help getting home. So everything fell into place and we stayed with her Thursday Night! Now I took 91 pictures in a two day span! So I know there is a lot here but, I really did narrow it down!!
This is the Smith's log cabin their first home built on the property. There were 11 people that lived in this home at once!!!

Peyton in the upper room of the Smith's Cabin which resembles where the Angel Moroni appeared to Joseph!

I loved watching these two together- two peas in a pod!

Inside the bigger Smith's home which was built by Joseph's brother Alan. It was beautiful!!


learning about the Smith's farm

Jenna walking into the grove

the Sacred Grove- it is left completely untouched!

the Palmyra, New York Temple

We went Thursday night and saw them rehearsing. They put on a full performance we just got to miss the crowds and the anti's!

We made friends with this family. They are from Utah and their first time seeing the Pageant is being in it. The dad played Joseph Smith!

This is 3rd Nephi


Joseph Smith


Getting ready for it to start!! We were so excited!

It was really amazing! There was fire, water, and many special effects! It was a memorable night! The kids really loved it!!

This is the canal!

Where the first Book of Mormon was published!

We had such a great time! On our way home Friday night we stopped and got a hotel room, we went swimming and rested! We thought about going to Niagra Falls but thunderstorms hit so we headed home Saturday Morning!! It was a fun Summer trip!!

No comments: