Saturday, June 5, 2010

Good byes are hard....


I struggled finding good pictures for my blog- I think Stacy had them all! She had so many great pictures that captured Jacob and a lot of me and Jake. It was fun looking at the photos and realizing that many of them I took, was there but not in it, or was in it. I do feel like family to this family and they treated me as such. The funeral was beautiful.



I have so many memories of this beautiful boy. We wrestled and played together, ate ice cream, listened to music, read stories, watched Chic Flick's, traveled, and laughed together.





I couldn't believe the star treatment I got. I know how much Jacob has effected my life and the love I have for him, but was so sweet to hear how I have impacted him and his family. I was mentioned many times during the funeral and the pastor said that he felt that my love and relationship with Jacob extended his life. This morning his mom told me she completely agreed. I am not sure if that is true, but what a comment. What a night!!!




The line wrapped around and went all the way outside. The funeral was held right after calling hours and started almost an hour late.


Sam and I. Sam was the best big brother ever. He is a teenager. But a great kid. The whole night he would visit with everyone continuing to smile at me or check on me.

The evening held many emotions. The hardest ones is how much I am going to miss him. I didn't want to say good bye. The pastor, Pastor Dave said, "The hardest thing about attachments are un-attachments." I agree.
This week has been full of many mixed emotions and I am sure it will be hard for awhile and I know I will be fine and life goes on. I know Jacob is with me and I know he is happy.

Thank you for all your support.

1 comment:

Laura Perkins said...

It is nice to see and hear about your impact on Jake and the family. I can't believe how Sam has grown!