Sunday, August 23, 2009

Papa's Garden

When we moved into my parents house last summer after awhile of being here Jenna told my mom that she was so glad we moved here to Nana's house because she has the BEST yard!

There has been so many wonderful blessings that have come into my life this past year. I am so thankful to my parents for opening their doors to me and my kids! We love being here and are so happy.

My parents yard and garden has been a wonderful blessing in our life. My dad is a quiet man but, the most hard working man I know. Generally if my dad is home he is working in the yard and in the Garden. My kids love working by his side and I know they are building so many memories with him that are character building and life long lessons. He talks to them, plays with them, and teaches them while they are outside working!

The picture above is a strawberry left from our friend the chipmunk. We had seen him earlier sitting there quietly eating and very happy! The garden is a blessing to many more than just my family!

The garden provides the blessing of fruits and veggies. We had strawberries earlier this year and now are getting lots of raspberries. We have eaten many wonderful foods from the garden such as corn, green beans, squash, lettuce, cabbage, tomatoes, and we have growing, potatoes, and pumpkins for later!! I am thankful for this blessing and for teaching me the importance of a garden!!


We have many friends in our yard! There is a small pond that we find many frogs, the frogs are also all over the yard, there are birds, butterflies, insects, chipmunks, squirrels, and more. Of course some are more wanted than others!! And a few weeks ago we were all stung by bees and that was not enjoyable!! The kids are just starting to play outside again!! We are thankful for all of God's creatures. Peyton said he is excited for heaven when the bees are nice to him!

This is my most favorite spot in the whole house! I love to eat, read, talk, and reflect here as I can enjoy the beauties of the yard, here the rain outside, or the pond nearby with all the soft noises of the insects and frogs! When we have had our friends over this is the room we all love to sit in and enjoy each others company while the children our playing around us!!

I start school tomorrow and am filled with excitement, a little overwhelmed, anxious, worry, sadness, but mostly gratitude! I am thankful to have had a wonderful summer, thankful for family and friends! Thankful for my parents! And very thankful for all the great opportunities that I have had and for my next adventure to go back to school!! I am so filled with love and gratitude to my Heavenly Father!

3 comments:

Karen said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, your parents yard. I enjoy being there and the peace that's there.

James and Jessica Ford said...

Dang! I miss you. You are having so much fun without me! WHat a good mom. Never a dull moment. Way to go kid.

anna said...

Dominic loves your parents yard too! Good luck with starting school - I'm sure you'll do great again this semester!