Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Change!

Fall is my favorite Season! I love October and November! It has been great this fall because even though I look forward to the change I also have my reservations. I am not a fan of winter or the cold. We have had such a warm fall. We have had our cold days and then it has warmed right back up like it is warning me of what is to come but, letting me transition slowly into it. With the unusual warm weather the trees changed their colors later this year and so the leaves have not all fallen off yet! I am enjoying my fall longer this year than I have ever remembered. I have found it to be one of God's many tender mercies in my life right now.

Last week a friend of mine told me she wanted to set me up on a date with her brother-in-law who was coming into town for a visit. I didn't know about it, I wondered if I was ready for that change in my life- Dating! It has been awhile for me and I am a MOM of two kids that drives a mini van- not so sure I am good as a date! My friend, Jessie told me that it could be a practice date and help me get out there. I knew I needed it and was ready for this change! I also asked myself what do I have to loose, the guy lives 2000 miles. :)

So I was ready- I like change! I am young, fun and can be/ maybe a flirtatious girl!?! Well the date was planned, Michael had the kids and I looked GREAT! J/K! We planned a double date with Jessie and James. They picked me up and He came to the door. I jumped into the back of the van and sat by Jessie. We took their kids to the babysitter and then proceeded to dinner. Now the plan was for us to go out to dinner and then they would take me home and I would go on to a RS tasters night. Well dinner went great we had good conversation, lots of laughs, and seemed to hit it off. It was 7:15 we picked up the kids and then it was time for me to go home. I was asked if I wanted to go back to their house or to taster's night! I said I was told that Jessie was going to bed early and so the date would end early. We laughed and they said I was invited to come over!
We went back with the intent to play games and ended up hanging out and talking. Jessie and James joined us when they weren't chasing kids and putting them to bed. We had so much fun talking that the night went later than either of us expected! It was a great practice date! I needed this date to give me confidence for future dates and now I think I am ready for dating! I might actually still got it! I do know now I can go out and have a night where I am not Cinderella or Mom and have some fun by just being me! This change is a good one! We need change, it is bound to happen! I say, "Bring it on!" For all things there is a season!

4 comments:

James and Jessica Ford said...

I love it. I alos think Jenna's Birthday PArty looked like a hit. I have got to get a present over to her. I can't believe you have a five year old! Welcome to older adulthood.

The JL McGregor Family said...

Bring it on! You look great. I'm so glad the date went well. Here's to many more!
love, Jenn

Karen said...

WHAT! I can't believe I had to read about this, but I AM happy for you and he is good looking. Way to start over and I agree Bring it on! I wish you all the happiness in the world and more! Luv you.

katy said...

Julie
You look so cute. Of course you still got it.